Downgrade to a previous Microsoft Excel version
In order to downgrade to a previous Microsoft Excel version, please follow the procedure below:
1. Please download and run the following file: https://files.xlstat.com/contents/officedeploymenttool_12130-20272.exe
You will need to extract the files contained in the executable.
2. Then, copy/paste the following file to the location where you extracted the files in the previous step: https://files.xlstat.com/contents/Config.xml
This file defines to the version of Microsoft Office to which you want to revert.
3. Please open a command prompt as an administrator. In order to do this, type cmd in the "start" menu, right-click cmd.exe and click Run as administrator.
4. Next, go to the folder where you placed the Setup.exe and Config.xml files. To do this, you need to write the following command at the command prompt:
cd PATH TO FOLDER
Then, you can execute the following command: setup.exe /configure Config.xml
5. Finally, please open Microsoft Excel and go to your account to perform an update. You will then be back to the previous version.
Was this article useful?