Enabling the Microsoft Excel macros
Whatever your Excel or XLSTAT version, it is necessary that the Macros security level is set to Medium so that XLSTAT can run. Here is how to proceed:
- Click the Office button on the upper left corner of the Excel window to open the Office Menu (Excel 2007) or click the File tab (Excel 2010, 2013, 2016).
- Click on the Excel Options button on the bottom of the Office menu window (Excel 2007) or choose Excel Options in the File menu (Excel 2010, 2013, 2016).
- The Excel Options window will appear.
- Select Trust Center in the middle of the menu bar on the left.
- Click on the Trust Center Settings... button on the right of the window.
- The Trust Center window will appear.
- Select Macro Settings in the middle of the menu bar on the left
- Select the 2nd option for the Macro Settings
- Activate the option Trust access to the VBA project object model
- Click OK to close the Trust center window
- Click OK to close the Excel options window
It is also recommended that you make sure that your Excel version is up to date. Microsoft publishes free patches on a regular basis that improve the reliability and stability of the software. To upgrade your Excel version, follow this tutorial.
Installing XLSTAT with admin rights
To install XLSTAT, you should use an account that has administrator rights on the machine. If there are several accounts on the machine, the administrator should install XLSTAT using the "Custom" option and run XLSTAT once from his account to enter the license key. Further information can be obtained on this tutorial.
To run XLSTAT for the first time, you can choose one of these options:
- choose the option 'launch XLSTAT' at the end of the installation procedure,
- use the Windows Start / Programs / Addinsoft / XLSTAT command,
- use the XLSTAT shortcut on your desktop,
- launch Excel, then browse the XLSTAT.xla file from the Addinsoft folder using the Excel open command.
If XLSTAT was installed for the first time, the 30 days trial version will start automatically. If you already used the trial version, you have to enter a license key. Otherwise the Free version will appear.
If you are using XLSTAT for the first time, XLSTAT will add a new button in the Excel Add-ins tab. This button can later be used to open or close XLSTAT from Excel.
After you start XLSTAT, the Toolbars Commands and the Menu Commands will be added to the Add-ins tab (see image below).
The XLSTAT tab is also added (see image below). Both XLSTAT toolbar and the XLSTAT tab can be used to access the XLSTAT functions. By clicking on an item of the menu, you activate the dialog box corresponding to the selected function.