This tutorial explains how to install and activate your XLSTAT concurrent license on your server machine.
Please refer to the Technical Requirements guide in order to be sure that the XLSTAT Network Concurrent License can be used on your network.
Downloading the server software
You can download the server software from this link: Download XLSTAT Netork License Server
Installation of the server
- Ensure that the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) are installed on the server device (can be downloaded from here),
xlstatnls.msiafter downloading it,
- After the installation, the service XLSTATNLS should be added to your list of services,
- The service should have been started automatically. If it did not, simply right-click on it then select
Startin the services list (accessible by pressing
R, then typing
Activating a network license on the server
Follow this small guide in order to activate your network license. Please note that trying to activate a non-network license key here will result in an error.
- In your start menu, search for XLSTAT License Server Admin Tool and double click on it
- Allow the program to launch as an administrator. This might require that you type in administrator credentials
- Ensure that the server is in a Running state, starting it if it is not the case
- Click on the Server state tab
- Paste or type in the license key into the License activation field
- Click on the Activate button
- Wait for the license to be activated. The service will automatically restart
After this procedure your service should be activated with your license key. Ensure this is the case by reviewing the status displayed on the left side of the server view tab. Your clients should now be able to retrieve a license using the address of this server and the port that is displayed in the Service tab.
Deactivation a license from the server
In order to deactivate the license that is activated on the server, simply open the same tool as for the activation and click on the Deactivate button, in the Server stats tab.
Upgrade and license update
Refer to the corresponding guide in order to upgrade your server to a new version or to update its license after a renewal.