Installation problem caused by the Bitdefender antivirus
BitDefender blocks the installation of XLSTAT.
To solve this problem, you can add the EXCEL.exe executable as an exception in the ANTIVIRUS and ADVANCED THREAT DEFENSE modules.
To add this executable to the Exclusions list, please follow the below procedure:
1. Open the Bitdefender program and click on Protection.
2. Click on the Settings icon in the ANTIVIRUS module (the rest of the procedure is also to be followed for the ADVANCED THREAT DEFENSE module).
3. Select the Exclusions tab and click on the ADD button in the List of files and folders excluded from scanning menu.
4. Click Browse and select the EXCEL.EXE executable to exclude from scanning. Make sure to choose the option: Both.
The EXCEL.EXE file is usually found in Program Files > Microsoft Office > Office16 (if you are using Office 2016).
Sometimes you have to search for the file in Program Files > Microsoft Office > Root > Office16.
Depending on your version of Excel and the directory in which you have installed Office, Excel.exe may change location on your computer.
5. Click Add to save the changes and close the windows.
6. Restart XLSTAT.
War dieser Artikel nützlich?